4. Approval

They tell me that they like me, that they approve of me, but do they really? Maybe they do......maybe they don’t. Does that stop life? NO. So why care?

Sometimes it gets me thinking. Do I really want their approval? But then I realize......who am I kidding? Of course, I do. I thrive for their approval, I seek it every time I am doing something. Because at the end of the day they are a part of my life, they are what I am surrounded with.
                                    
Who are they? You ask.

They are family, friends, relatives, teachers, colleagues, even acquaintances. They are many of the millions. I am many of the millions and they are a part of my life.

We are always taught to be confident under our own skin, to be confident in what we do. They teach us to be kind. They tell us that one should possess inner beauty, that it is what makes one beautiful. But the irony of it all makes me laugh and then cry. Because they are the only people destroying our confidence, the only people using our kindness for their benefit, the only people judging us based on our outer beauty.

Their approval or rather our desire to gain their approval is destroying us, is where we are lacking behind. Because the reality of it all takes me aback. The reality which leaves me bittersweet. The reality which says, “There is no way everybody approves of something, there will always be someone or the other criticizing of that befitting way.” You can’t force people to embrace you as you are, but what you can do is embrace and love yourself for who you really are. To welcome the light in your life with open arms and believe that it will lead you towards a better version of yourself.

So, let’s stop putting the power of approval in other people’s hands. Shall we?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

42. Kay Beauty- #ItsKayToBeYou

73. Millennials Who? Stereotyping the Demographic cohort

3. Choose Conscious Fashion Over Fashion Conscious