29. Infatuation


The attraction, the instant connection
The feeling of getting lost in a world so beautiful, yet so unreal
The warmth consuming my heart that seemed perfect and surreal
I thought, I thought it was love, but it was not.
                       

I was there, discovering the new language of love
the sentiment and emotions gripping me like a glove
My heart craving an affection so deep 
And with it the contentment that brings relief
I thought, I thought it was love, but it was not.

The undying love always told in stories and tales
The fancy words that define everything in details
It was all there, the connection and passion,
everything from attraction to genuine emotion
I thought, I thought it was love, but it was not

It was infatuation, It was plain attraction
It was a crush that I had with the looks of you
Times slips away easily and so did you
I thought, I thought it was love, but it was not

Now I know it was not
Because when love finally knocked on the doors of my heart
It was nothing like they described in the pages that fell apart
For instance, this time love was not blind
It could see, it could see everything and still chose to be kind
For instance, this time love was not perfect
It was so raw and real, more beautiful, for it had the emotions and respect
For instance, this time love was a look
Which made my heart skip a bit and my insides shook

This time I never thought, I knew,
I knew it was nothing but Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

42. Kay Beauty- #ItsKayToBeYou

73. Millennials Who? Stereotyping the Demographic cohort

3. Choose Conscious Fashion Over Fashion Conscious