35. The Stalker on Internet


Am I being stalked? It feels as if somebody is stalking me. They know everything that I want. I would wish for something and they will show me how to get it, with just a click of my finger. I have a confession to make. I love shopping. And I mean it in the most serious way possible; I really love shopping. Anything that catches my attention at the first glance, I need to have. I am trying to be better, if not for myself, for my bank balance, which keeps on decreasing day by day.


So many times in the past few days I have decided, no more shopping. Last time I even left the app deciding not to buy anything (for those of you who don’t know me, that is a big deal). But, it feels as if the universe does not want me to change. I left the app and it followed me where ever I went, each and every website I visited I saw an advertisement for the same product that I was forcing myself to forget about. I resisted three times, but, in the end, the heart wants what it wants. Now I have a beautiful wrap dress proudly occupying space in my closet.

I bet most of you know what I am talking about. How many times has it happened to you? I am talking about advertisements which are specifically directed towards you, based on your activity on the web. Targeted advertisement are sometimes so in your face to the point of invading one’s privacy. It is scary at times, the idea of being watched all the time. The thought that someone is watching my each and every move and then using it to their advantage is unsettling.

Am I the only one who hates what is happening? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

42. Kay Beauty- #ItsKayToBeYou

73. Millennials Who? Stereotyping the Demographic cohort

3. Choose Conscious Fashion Over Fashion Conscious